Monday, November 17, 2008

New Affiliate and 3 Great Links

On the main site I have a new affiliate. I have been looking for affiliates and advertisers that make sense for where I want to head with this venture. The very first site that appealed to me strongly was You Can Make This!

Why? Other than the patterns, instructions, and ebooks you can purchase, they have a really nice selection of free patterns/intstructions. Here, take a second to check out their freebie page. Don’t worry, this is just the freebie page, I am linking you directly, no trying to get affiliate clicks with this link!



On the main site I have a new affiliate. I have been looking for affiliates and advertisers that make sense for where I want to head with this venture. The very first site that appealed to me strongly was You Can Make This!

Why? Other than the patterns, instructions, and ebooks you can purchase, they have a really nice selection of free patterns/intstructions. Here, take a second to check out their freebie page. Don’t worry, this is just the freebie page, I am linking you directly, no trying to get affiliate clicks with this link!

You might wonder why I am talking about an affiliate or giving kudos to an advertiser. Yes, you have to spend some money for products. But I look at it like this. Once you have a pattern or have taken a class to learn to sew, you have just saved yourself a lot of money. Sewing is a skill that you can always use. If you are creative you can make so many different things.

Cloth diapers, reuseable shopping bags, quilts, clothing, and so much more. You do not need to even buy material if you have old clothes on hand. Curtains can be made from sheets, tablecloths can be turned into pillows, and a patchwork quilt can be made from darn near anything.

I need to talk about some of my links, as well. If you visit the Friends and Finds page, you will see links in the Friends section. I have not placed any in the Finds as of yet. At this time I am first contacting writers and owners of sites that I know to be safe. When I talk about safe, I mean that I want the links you visit from Everyday Economics, main site or blog, to be something you can feel comfortable opening in front of anyone. No having to minimize in front of the kids!

Right now the sites listed are people I know and trust. Three new links are to blogs by my friend Marye. She is not only a great writer, but a mom (to 8!), homeschool teacher, and lots more. You really need to visit her sites to get to know her. I promise, you will enjoy her recipes and advice on home remedies.

Check her out!

Baking Delights

Kettle and Cup

Simply Home Remedies

No comments: